Today, we present 10 best skincare tips received from top dermatologists to help clear your skincare myths, if there are any. These tips will help you make better and informed decisions regarding what your skincare routine should be like, which products are good, which skincare methods are hyped up and which ones are the underdogs.
Stay tuned and read on…
- Beaumark Beauty believes in the principle of ‘less is more’ and we are glad that Dr Jamuna Pai, Skin Lab, Mumbai attests to the same. Our skin’s function is to act as a protective barrier from the external environment. By layering too many products on your skin at once can disrupt the skin’s barrier making it sensitive to these external factors. Use less skincare products to get their maximum benefits!
- Using gentle cleanser infused with salicylic acid, AHAs or lactic acid can help unclog pores by dissolving dirt and oil from the face. Beaumak Beauty’s Maskne Gentle cleanser just so happens to get this job done smoothly. Our formulation consists of ingredients like tea tree oil, salicylic acid, frankincense and citric acid. This helps in gently exfoliating the skin by preventing dryness and giving a healthy hydrated skin in minutes!
- Niacinamide is your hero if you have normal or oily skin type. According to Niketa Sonavane, celebrity dermatologist and founder, Ambrosia Aesthetics, niacinamide helps reduce oiliness, shrinks pores, smoothens your skin and also brightens your complexion.
- Abhinaya Reddy recommends investing in a good antioxidant serum, for example with Vitamin C and E, which will help protect your skin against environmental damage, increase collagen production, and help reduce any inflammation or redness. Beaumark Beauty’s Skin Repair Serum packs a punch of these ingredients and works wonderfully for people who are beginners in the skincare game. This serum instantly hydrated skin along with assisting in reduction of acne scars and dark spots.
- Do not touch your face frequently. According to AAD, touching the face constantly transfers the dirt, germs and bacteria from your hands on your face. Refrain from popping or squeezing pimples to avoid scarring.
- Blossom Kochhar suggest using warm water instead of hot water on your face. Hot water on your skin can remove oils from the skin and make it drier. Also, avoid using soaps or cleansers that can strip oil and moisture from your skin.
- Get enough sleep and keep stress at bay. Lack of sleep can lead to many skin concerns like dark circles, dull and dry skin texture, acne to crop up over the period of time. It is recommended to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
- Dr Sharad can’t stress enough on the importance of wearing an SPF every day. SPF acts as an antioxidant to the skin which helps in protecting the skin from sun damage, acts as an anti-aging ingredient, prevents sun burns and hyperpigmentation. Wear an SPF of a broad spectrum of 40 or more.
- Dr Kiran Lohia suggests going natural with your skin once in a while. Don’t put makeup all the time as it can clog your pores.
- Wear masks of light fabrics like cotton and keep changing your masks frequently.
We hope these skincare tips will help you make the right choices when it comes to skincare! Do drop us your questions in the comment section and we will help you tackle them 😊